Le Livre de Lulu: Un Conte Interactif de Romain Victor-Pujebet is a children's book presented on a CD-ROM for the Pippin Atmark console. The French title translates to "The Book of Lulu: An Interactive Story by Romain Victor-Pujebet". The Japanese title and tagline 「ルル日本語版 未来の記憶に会う。」 translate to "Lulu Japanese version: Meet the memories of the future."
Le Livre de Lulu was authored with Macromedia Director by Dada Média in Paris, France. Full motion video sequences were produced at CUMAV Studio in Castres. About a hundred 3D-animated sequences were rendered on a Macintosh with StrataVision 3D. Completed graphics were transmitted to Paris by modem.
The Japanese versions were adapted by Ariadne and released in Japan by Organa for Pippin, PlayStation and Saturn consoles in November 1996. Only the Pippin version retained the full French title while the other versions were shortened to Lulu (ルル): Un Conte Interactif de Romain Victor-Pujebet. A hybrid Japanese version for Macintosh and Windows was released on August 3, 1998.
The German version was released as Das Buch von LuLu:(sic) Ein interaktives Märchen nicht nur für Kinder for Macintosh and Windows by Ravensburger Buchverlag in May 1996. The full German title translates to "The Book of Lulu: An interactive fairytale not only for children".
The English version was released as The Book of Lulu for Macintosh and Windows by Harbor Electronic Publishing in December 2001. A DVD-ROM edition was released on January 30, 2002 by Slingshot Entertainment with support for 8 different languages: Chinese, Danish, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Norwegian.
Le Livre de Lulu was selected among the 1996 Best 10 List in the "HyperBook" category by the CD-ROM Critic Writer's Association in Japan. It was one of five finalists for Digital Contents of the Year and given an Award of Excellence by the Association of Media in Digital.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 PIPPIN@MARK software release list (Japanese), Retrogeme. Accessed 2017-05-03.
- ↑ The Book of Lulu Credits, MobyGames. Accessed 2018-10-29.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Mission réalisé – Conte interactif Le livre de Lulu – Dada média (French) by Marc Peyrucq. 2016-11-12.
- ↑ The Book of Lulu Releases, MobyGames. Accessed 2018-08-26.
- ↑ Le Livre de Lulu (nouveau coffret), Amazon France. Accessed 2018-08-26.
- ↑ LULUルル(ADG) (Japanese) at Suruga-Ya.
- ↑ LULUルル (Japanese) at Suruga-Ya.
- ↑ ルル CD-ROM (Japanese) by T.Minewaki, AsahiNet. 1999-02-21.
- ↑ Das Buch von Lulu: Ein interaktives Märchen nicht nur für Kinder, Amazon Deutschland. Accessed 2018-08-26.
- ↑ Das Buch von Lulu, Ein interaktives Märchen nicht nur für Kinder, Zentrales Verzeichnis Antiquarischer Bücher. Accessed 2018-08-26.
- ↑ The Book of Lulu Multimedia CD, Amazon. Accessed 2018-08-26.
- ↑ The Book of Lulu (DVD-ROM edition), Amazon. Accessed 2018-09-03.
- ↑ Book of Lulu (DVD), Slingshot Entertainment. Accessed 2018-09-03.
- ↑ 1996年 CD-ROM評論家協会大賞 受賞作及びベスト10リスト (Japanese) by Yasukuni Notomi, CCWA. 1997-06-29.
- ↑ Digital Contents of the Year ‘96／第２回 AMD アワード (Japanese), Association of Media in Digital. 1997-01-28.
- Lulu at Organa (archived 2000-08-24)
- Lulu: Un Conte Interactif de Romain Victor-Pujebet (French) at Les Alias
- Le Livre de Lulu at Sega Retro
- Let’s Play Apple Pippin : Le livre de LuLu (French) at Le Journal du Lapin (2018-10-28)
- The Book of Lulu at Harbor Electronic Publishing (archived 2001-04-08)
- The Book of Lulu at MobyGames
- Review of Lulu by Bob Hughes, The Guardian (archived 2001-02-11)
- Portrait. Conte de fées pour le conteur. (French) by Laurent Mauriac at Liberation (1997-02-15)