Three different editions of Music ISLAND vol.5 were produced: The Original edition includes bilingual English and Japanese support. It also supports General MIDI playback, either with built-in MIDI software or an external sequencer like Cubase, allowing the user to isolate instruments. The Lite edition omits English support and MIDI capabilities. The "Oke Pit" Orchestra & Piano Trainer edition includes the orchestral score sheets and a picture book with musical arrangements for piano solos.
Music ISLAND vol.5 was developed by Oracion (オラシオン) with Macromedia Director and released in Japan around 1996 as a set of separate discs (not hybrid) for Windows and Macintosh. Though it is compatible with older Macintosh computers with 68040 processors and older PCs running Windows 3.1, MIDI support requires a Power Macintosh with a PowerPC processor or a PC running Windows 95.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 パソコンで楽しめる音楽ソフト 「Music ISLANDシリーズ」。 (Japanese), Oracion. Archived 1997-07-12.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Beautiful, Blue Danube, Oracion. Archived 1997-07-12.
- ↑ The Pippin and MIDI (French) by Pierre Dandumont, Journal du Lapin. 2018-01-24.
- ↑ PIPPIN@MARK software release list (Japanese), Retrogeme.
- Music ISLAND vol.1: Peter and the Wolf
- Music ISLAND vol.2: The Nutcracker
- Music ISLAND vol.3: The Four Seasons
- Music ISLAND vol.4: Carnival of the Animals