- This article is about the game. For the multimedia format and plug-in, see Shockwave.
Releases[edit | edit source]
Shock Wave was first developed for the 3DO Interactive Multiplayer by Electronic Arts' Advanced Technology Group and released in 1994. This original release of Shock Wave was combined with its expansion Shock Wave: Operation JumpGate into a package called Shockwave Assault that was ported to other platforms.
The Pippin port was simply titled Shock Wave on the packaging, but it was also identified as Shock Wave Invasion Earth: 2019 in the opening cutscene and Shockwave Assault: Invasion Earth on the title screen. The on-screen text remained in English while the dialog was dubbed in Japanese. It was released in Japan by Bandai Digital Entertainment in 1996.
Despite not being advertised as such with a sticker, the Pippin version was a hybrid disc that also supported Mac. Due to its use of real-time 3D graphics, gameplay is smoother on a newer system, such as a Power Macintosh G3.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Gameplay videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Pippin software (Japanese), Atmark Channel. Archived 1997-06-29.
- Shock Wave Releases (3DO), MobyGames.
- Shockwave Assault, MobyGames.
- Shockwave Assault Bandai Pippin by gamingdumpster, YouTube. 2012-03-13.
- Shock Wave - Pippin Poppin' by Play Different, YouTube. 2020-04-10.
- (presque) Mac ou Pippin : Shock Wave (French) by Pierre Dandument