Pippin Software Development Kit (SDK) CD-ROMs were issued by Apple Computer to selected developers to facilitate creating titles for the Pippin platform. These included APIs and extensions that were based on the Macintosh operating system.
- Pippin SDK CD (developer release 0, APL-1, December 1995) - Some extensions had net yet been tested due to delays of Pippin Power Player prototypes to be seeded to developers.
- Pippin Developer SDK (version 1.0, February 1996) - Requires GM ROM or later.
- Pippin Developer SDK (version 1.1, April 1996)
- Pippin SDK CD (developer release 1, APL-2, May 1996) - Includes Pippin OS ver 1.1, demo versions of PEASE and Maze that were authored with Party, and presentations about the Pippin platform that were authored with Macromedia Director.
- Apple Developer CD Series (August 1996) - Tool Chest.
- Pippin ROM Update (with SDK 1.1 additions, September 1996)
- Pippin SDK CD-ROM (November 13, 1996) - Includes Pippin 1.2 ROM Update, and AppleShare 3.5 for Pippin.
- Apple Developer CD Series (March 1997) - Reference Library.
- Hacking the Pippin by Phil Beesley, Vintage Macintosh. 2007-10-22. Archived 2017-08-17.
- Le SDK DR1 de la Pippin by Pierre Dandumont, YouTube. 2019-01-31.
- Party マルチメディア オーサリングツール, Maki Enterprise. Archived 1997-04-28.
- Le SDK DR1 de la Pippin (French) by Pierre Dandumont, Le Journal du Lapin. 2019-02-03.
- Running MacOS on a Pippin console by jt, Le AppleFritter. 2004-07-06.
- If the disk image is rebuilt with correctly configured boot blocks, then perhaps it may load on a dev Pippin with extra RAM. The disk is intriguing as it contains a full Finder (which would have been rejected by Apple) and "AppleShare 3.5, Pippin 1.0" from the 11/96 SDK CD. by Pippin @WORLD & Atmark, Twitter. 2020-06-23.
- Game Sprockets, additional APIs to support graphics, sound, networking and game controllers.
- Party, an application authoring system by Maki Enterprise included with SDK CD DR0