Star Wars: Rebel Assault is a rail shooter game that had been announced for Pippin Atmark. It is one of the first games to make use of full motion video on the CD-ROM medium.
Developed by LucasArts, the game was first released separately for MS-DOS and Macintosh in 1993. Versions for the 3DO and Sega CD / Mega-CD game consoles were released in 1994.
A Pippin version of Rebel Assault had been announced by Bandai for release in March 1996. The port had been previewed in various game magazines, but does not appear to have been released.
Jewelcase cover with obi of Mega-CD version (1994).
- ↑ Pippin software, Bandai Digital Entertainment, Japan. Archived 1997-06-27.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 History, LucasArts. Archived 2006-06-23.
- ↑ Star Wars: Rebel Assault Releases, MobyGames.
- ↑ Magazines and advertisements for the Pippin (French) by Pierre Dandumont, Le Journal du Lapin. 2018-08-25.
- ↑ Rebel Assault (Japanese), Third Stage. Archived 1999-09-21.
- ↑ The unreleased games of Pippin (French) by Pierre Dandumont, Le Journal du Lapin. 2016-08-06.