The "Super Cat" (「スーパーキャット」, NBR 104) is a barcode reader device manufactured by Neorex and bundled with Pippin Atmark consoles in a rental package that was offered by J-DATA. Some units were deployed with Pippin consoles for use by Japanese businesses, such as stores operated by Kosé (コーセー).
From 1997 to 1999, J-DATA offered a Pippin Atmark console with 33.6 kbps modem, wireless AppleJack controller, a Super Cat barcode reader, and a subscription to J.D.Press magazine, in a rental package for a monthly fee of JP¥ 6,800. Each month, the magazine offered listings of 300 websites that could be scanned through the Super Cat to avoid manually entering the URL. J-DATA published 17 issues of the magazine through August 26, 1997. A Homepage Guide (ホームページガイド) with URLs and barcodes for 1000 websites was also published in April 1997 for subscribers.
- MINI BARCODE, Neorex. Archived 1998-05-25.
- バーコードリーダ スーパーキャット (Japanese) by MAISON PiPPiN, GeoCities. Archived 1999-01-28.
- Micro Barcode Reader "Super Cat" NBR 104 (Japanese), Neorex. Archived 1999-05-08.
- Web Users Save Work, Head for Bars, The Nikkei Weekly. 1996-06-16. Archived 1998-05-25.
- PiPPiN Rental (Japanese), J-DATA. Archived 1997-07-09.
- Vol.17 (Japanese), J.D.Press, J-DATA. 1996-08-26. Archived 1999-05-08.
- ホームページガイド (Japanese) by MAISON PiPPiN, GeoCities. Archived 1999-02-22.
- Apple PIPPIN Macworld Presentation & Demo, a demo prepared for MacWorld Expo.
- Epson Colorio Club Print Sample Kit, a CD-ROM promoting printers for the Pippin.
- Introducing "Forester" CD-ROM, a promotional application used in Pippin-based kiosks.
- Teleport Jr., a sales support application that had been deployed on Pippin consoles.
- Neorex official website (Japanese, archived 1999-01-17)