Titanic: Adventure Out of Time is a CD-ROM-based adventure game for Macintosh and Windows. A Pippin version had been described in media coverage as being in development, but is not known to have been released.
Titanic was authored with DreamFactory by CyberFlix and released in the United States in December 1996 for Macintosh and Windows 95 by GTE Entertainment, after Viacom/Paramount Interactive passed on the project. Though initially a strong seller, GTE Entertainment closed in January 1997 and returned the publishing rights to CyberFlix. After the release of James Cameron's hit film later that year, it reportedly sold over a million copies worldwide. Bandai and MediaKite (メディアカイト) released the official Japanese versions respectively for Macintosh and Windows 95/98 under the title タイタニック: 日本語版 (Titanic: The Japanese Version).
Titanic: The Lost Mission
The Lost Mission is an offshoot "interactive mini-adventure" that was released in 1998. Though it is also based aboard the RMS Titanic and features the same characters, the player experiences a different, albeit shorter, storyline.
The "Great Series" re-releases:
- Titanic: Adventure Out of Time Releases, MobyGames.
- Playtime for Pippin by Carolyn Bickford, MacUser p.27. Ziff-Davis. 1995-09.
- PIPPIN@MARK software release list (Japanese), Retrogeme.
- Titanic: Adventure Out of Time, MobyGames.
- Game Over by Jack Neely, p.4-6, Metro Pulse. 1999-10-21.
- タイタニック(完全日本語版), Suruga-Ya (Japanese).
- Titanic: The Lost Mission, MobyGames.